It is our pleasure to announce that the United Nations Association of Spain – Youth Section is organizing the 7th edition of C’MUN, the MUN of Barcelona. After the great success of former editions, C’MUN 2012 is now a reality and we would like to have your participation. The simulation will take place in Barcelona from the 2nd to the 5th of May 2012. If you are interested, please read the following information:
- Participation is open to university students or interested people AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 30 YEARS OLD
- Please take a look on the website of UNA Spain: www.anue.org/castellano/indexcmun.htm. There you will find all the required instructions to apply for the conference.
1. At the COUNTRIES & DELEGATIONS section of our website you can select the country you would like to represent. It is possible to join our simulation individually, in couples (maximum 2 delegates per commission and per country represented) or in a delegation/group*. Remember that you CANNOT represent your home country;
2. Send us the complete application form that can be found at the HOW TO APPLY section. Add a brief cv and a letter of motivation. If you want to apply for a chairing position, you’ll find the specific application form on our website;
3. The registration fee for C’MUN 2012 is 80 EUROS (each delegate). Special discount for UNA-Spain members: 55 euros (each delegate). Please read the HOW TO APPLY section of our website to know what’s included with the fee and how to proceed with the PAYMENT Instructions.
- The deadline for applications is the 17th February 2012
Do you want to test your knowledge on International Politics? Are you interested in Diplomacy? In C’MUN 2012 you will simulate:
THE SECURITY COUNCIL
The responsibility to protect:
• The Arab spring
• The “Horn” of Africa
• Organized crime in Central America and Mexico. 25 years of the Peace Agreements
THE HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
1. The protection of the right for free association and expression: The right for peaceful revolt?
1.1. The new forms of expression: the protests on social networks
2. The regulation and supervision of private military and private security
Overcoming the crisis with a global economic governance:
• Protection of economic and social rights
• Protection of “the most vulnerable”: women, youth and migrants
• Corruption and accountability
Sustainable development in times of crisis
• RIO +20 Conference
• The future of the nuclear energy
HIGH-LEVEL MEETING OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY ON THE UN REFORM
1. The admission and expulsion of Member States of the United Nations
2. The participation of new actors in the United Nations:
a) Civil society
b) Non-state actors: supranational, regional and local
c) Business Sector: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the UN
ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS (GA AD HOC COMMITTEE)
1. Post-conflict reconciliation in societies
2. Democracy: a universal model
INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT
War crimes of NATO in Libya
Or maybe you are interested in journalism? Then you can also join the C’MUN Press Team, which publishes the daily conference newspaper: The Clarion
Hope to see you in Barcelona in Mayl!!
* If you are participating individually, just send the individual application. If you are participating as a couple or as a delegation, one member of the group has to be the coordinator. The coordinator should be our contact person, and therefore responsible of sending us the delegation form and the individual forms of each one of the members of your delegation.