The United Nations Association of Slovenia (UNAS) hosted the workshop “Intercultural Dialogue”, led by our volunteer Ana Podgornik. Participants were offered an insight into the main characteristics and challenges of intercultural dialogue, as well as the issue of intercultural conflicts.
We are back! It is our pleasure to announce you that the United Nations Association of Spain (UNA-Spain) is organizing the 9th edition of C’MUN, the MUN of Barcelona. After the great success of former editions, C’MUN 2014 is now a reality and we would like to have your participation. The simulation will take place in Barcelona from the 29th of April to the 2nd of May 2014. If you are interested, please read the following information:
· Participation is open to university students or interested people AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 30 YEARS OLD.
· Please take a look at the website: http://www.anue.org/ca/
1. At the COUNTRIES & DELEGATIONS section of our web you will be able to select the country/ies you would like to simulate. You can join our simulation individually, in couples (2 delegates maximum per commission and per country represented) or in a delegation/group. This year, countries at the Security Council and the European Union Summit can be only represented individually. Remember that you CANNOT represent your home country;
2. Then, send us the complete application form* you’ll find at the HOW TO APPLY section. Add a brief cv and a motivation letter. If you want to apply for a chairing position, you’ll find the specific application form on our website;
3. The registration fee for C’MUN 2014 is 100 EUROS (each delegate). Special discount for UNA-Spain members: 60 EUROS (each delegate). Please read the HOW TO APPLY section of our website to know what’s included with the fee and how to proceed with the PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS.
- The deadline for applications is the 9th March 2014.
Do you want to test your knowledge on International Politics? Are you interested in Diplomacy? In C’MUN 2014 you will simulate:
THE SECURITY COUNCIL
- Terrorism in the Middle East & North Africa
- SC Reform
THE HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
- Right to information
UN WOMEN: Commission on the Status of Women
- Feminicide & Violence against women
UNODC: Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention Against Corruption
- Corruption in Politics (Economic Fraud)
- Transnational Organized Crime: Money-Laundering & Tax Haven
- Corruption in Development Aid
ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS GA Ad Hoc Committee
- Post-conflict reconciliation in societies
- Democracy: a universal model
EUROPEAN UNION SUMMIT
- Ethnic Minorities
Or maybe you are interested in journalism? Then you can also join the C’MUN Press Team, which publishes the daily conference newspaper: The Clarion
Want to know more? Check our website www.anue.org/castellano/
Hope to see you in Barcelona in April!!
* If you are participating individually, just send the individual application. If you are participating as a couple or as a delegation, one member of the group has to be the coordinator. The coordinator should be our contact person, and therefore responsible of sending us the delegation form and the individual forms of each one of the members of your delegation.
-- United Nations Association of Spain Via Laietana, 51, entrl. 3ª 08003, Barcelona Tel: +34 933013990 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com www.anue.org / Facebook: Young Anue
The International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) believes that in order to achieve long-lasting stability in a country and boost development, youth have to be included in policy and planning processes. As part of our approach to understanding how this can best be achieved, the IIEP Plan With Youth Team has collected information about various initiatives targeting youth in three specific areas: peacebuilding, civic engagement and transition from school to work. It now comprises more than 200 projects in more than 50 countries. We hope that this mapping will be translated into an online tool that will allow others to be better informed about what is being done for youth and with youth worldwide and what tools are already available. Continue reading
From 19 to 23 August 2013 twenty-one representatives of eight United Nations Youth Associations and UNA Youth Sections met in Slovenia’s capital Ljubljana under the motto “By the youth, for the youth!”. Their aim was to decide on future projects of the United Nations Youth Associations Network, to revise its efforts of the last year and to strengthen capacities of Youth Organizations.
Benefitting from the opportunity offered by the location of the UNYNAET Summit 2013, the representatives of the Finnish UN youth visited the Finnish embassy in Ljubljana. Ambassador Pekka Metso was kind enough to grant a visit to the youth representatives on Thursday 22 August 2013. Continue reading
This September volunteers of UNA Slovenia Youth Section participated at the 12th LUPA bazaar (bazaar of Slovenian NGOs), which has taken place at Prešeren square in Ljubljana. LUPA 2013 festival was promoting the role and importance of more than 150 Slovenian NGOs. Continue reading
Between the 9th and the 13th of September 2013, the United Nations Association of Slovenia Youth Section organized a summer school on the topic of the United Nations at the Faculty of Social Sciences in Ljubljana. Continue reading
In August 2013, representatives of United Nations Youth Associations Network (UNYANET) member organizations met in Ljubljana on third annual meeting. During the UNYANET Summit, General Assembly and capacity building workshops were held.