The second installment of MUNSC Salient, organized by the United Nations Association of Slovenia, successfully concluded on July 15th. The conference was held under the honorary patronage of Mr Borut Pahor, the President of Slovenia.
The conference took place between July 11 and 15, 2016 at the Faculty of Social Sciences. Fundamentally a youth conference, the aim of MUNSC Salient is to supplement the traditional Model United Nations (MUN) experience with educational content in form of interactive lectures, roundtables and workshops. The 70 participants of the conference hailed from Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Indonesia, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden and Turkey. The overarching topic this year was “Contemporary Inequalities” Continue reading →
At the Vienna UN Conference 2013 of the Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) a panel on youth was held on January 10. The speakes at this panel were:
• Matteo LANDI, Associate Youth Employment Expert, UNIDO
• Hanna HEIKKILA, Prevention Treatment and Rehabilitation Section, UNODC
• Billy BATWARE, President, Regional Academy on United Nations
• Michael KLAMPFL, President United Nations Youth Associations Network (UNYANET)
• Milena DUDASOVA, United Nations Youth Delegate of Slovakia 2012
Allthough there is no outcome document available at this time, we want to share with you the statement made by UNYANET Presidency Member Michael Klampfl, on behalf of UNYANET and UNYSA-Austria.