“This has been the best academic experience of my life” is one of the sentences worth remembering after C’MUN 2014, which confirms the need of continuing organizing a simulation of the United Nations in Barcelona. In fact, it’s more than a simulation; it’s an engine of change for the youth coming from all continents of the world. We have used the great potential and unique opportunity of engaging C’MUN 2014 to shape the next global decisions as the outcomes are sent to the United Nations councils and committees as well as the European Council. The conference took place from 29th April till 2nd May 2014 in Barcelona and has been an inspiring experience for all the participants.
Despite the fact that the organization and delegates had to face complex and challenging situations, especially but not limited to the economic crisis, before and during the conference, the Model UN of Barcelona has been a success. Throughout the conference we have witnessed how C’MUN serves as an engine of change with what former Secretary-General, Raül Jiménez, referred as the “C’MUN values”: the value of dialogue, of seeking consensus, of plurality, of debating, of empathy, of community and the aim of universality. From here we would like to thank him and acknowledge all his support throughout the years that he has dedicated to empower young people to make a positive difference in the world. C’MUN continues to serve as an engine of change after all these years. Continue reading
Barcelona 29th April – 2nd May 2014
We are back! It is our pleasure to announce you that the United Nations Association of Spain (UNA-Spain) is organizing the 9th edition of C’MUN, the MUN of Barcelona. After the great success of former editions, C’MUN 2014 is now a reality and we would like to have your participation. The simulation will take place in Barcelona from the 29th of April to the 2nd of May 2014. If you are interested, please read the following information:
· Participation is open to university students or interested people AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 30 YEARS OLD.
· Please take a look at the website: http://www.anue.org/ca/content/cmun-2014. There you will find all the required instructions to apply for the simulation:
1. At the COUNTRIES & DELEGATIONS section of our web you will be able to select the country/ies you would like to simulate. You can join our simulation individually, in couples (2 delegates maximum per commission and per country represented) or in a delegation/group. This year, countries at the Security Council and the European Union Summit can be only represented individually. Remember that you CANNOT represent your home country;
2. Then, send us the complete application form* you’ll find at the HOW TO APPLY section. Add a brief cv and a motivation letter. If you want to apply for a chairing position, you’ll find the specific application form on our website;
3. The registration fee for C’MUN 2014 is 100 EUROS (each delegate). Special discount for UNA-Spain members: 60 EUROS (each delegate). Please read the HOW TO APPLY section of our website to know what’s included with the fee and how to proceed with the PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS.
- The deadline for applications is the 9th March 2014.
Do you want to test your knowledge on International Politics? Are you interested in Diplomacy? In C’MUN 2014 you will simulate:
THE SECURITY COUNCIL
- Terrorism in the Middle East & North Africa
- SC Reform
THE HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
UN WOMEN: Commission on the Status of Women
- Feminicide & Violence against women
UNODC: Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention Against Corruption
- Corruption in Politics (Economic Fraud)
- Transnational Organized Crime: Money-Laundering & Tax Haven
- Corruption in Development Aid
ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS GA Ad Hoc Committee
- Post-conflict reconciliation in societies
- Democracy: a universal model
EUROPEAN UNION SUMMIT
- Ethnic Minorities
Or maybe you are interested in journalism? Then you can also join the C’MUN Press Team, which publishes the daily conference newspaper: The Clarion
Want to know more? Check our website www.anue.org/castellano/indexcmun.htm or e-mail us at [email protected]
Hope to see you in Barcelona in April!!
* If you are participating individually, just send the individual application. If you are participating as a couple or as a delegation, one member of the group has to be the coordinator. The coordinator should be our contact person, and therefore responsible of sending us the delegation form and the individual forms of each one of the members of your delegation.
United Nations Association of Spain
Via Laietana, 51, entrl. 3ª
Tel: +34 933013990
E-mail: [email protected] / [email protected]
www.anue.org / Facebook: Young Anue
UNA Spain announces the 8th edition of C’MUN, the MUN of Barcelona. After the great success of former editions, C’MUN 2013 is now a reality. The simulation will take place in Barcelona from the 7th to the 10th of May 2013. The participation is open to university students and other interested people from 18 to 30 years old as individuals, pairs or group delegations. The application deadline is 1 March 2013.
It is our pleasure to announce that the United Nations Association of Spain – Youth Section is organizing the 7th edition of C’MUN, the MUN of Barcelona. After the great success of former editions, C’MUN 2012 is now a reality and we would like to have your participation. The simulation will take place in Barcelona from the 2nd to the 5th of May 2012. If you are interested, please read the following information:
- Participation is open to university students or interested people AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 30 YEARS OLD
- Please take a look on the website of UNA Spain: www.anue.org/castellano/indexcmun.htm. There you will find all the required instructions to apply for the conference.
United Nations Association of Spain (UNA-Spain) has been invited again to take part in the 8th edition of the East-West Dialogue that Casa Asia will held in Barcelona from 7th to 9th of November. The 8th East-West Dialogue is entitled “For a new agenda of world governance”. World governance refers to the political interaction of transnational actors towards the resolution of today’s problems within the context of globalization and the increasing interdependence of States and actors. Therefore, UNA-Spain contribution to the debates of the 8th East-West Dialogue will be a youth Special Meeting focused around two groups: “Thinking a New UN” and “Thinking a New World”.
Participation is open to university students or interested people aged between 19 and 35 years old. Accommodation, if needed, in a youth hostel (4 nights, from the 6th to the 9th of November, are included), and lunches (from the 7th to the 9th) are covered by UNA-Spain for the days of the meeting.
More information and the application form can be found on the website of UNA Spain: http://www.anue.org/castellano/indexcmun.htm